Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Treasurebags "wristruths" accomplish mission

My mission and hope for TreasureBags has remained consistent from the day I was inspired to share it; to encourage, equip and inspire women to walk in truth, love and freedom. Here is an email sent to me from a woman who received one of my wristruths at a women's retreat event. Would love to share it with you. My heart is full when I get the privilege of a glimsp at the treasurebags mission.. accomplished.
Hi Dana,
I thought you might enjoy this picture and the story of my wrist truth.
I received my wrist truth, while at the ladies weekend with Fox River Christian Church.
Your friend Rachel was the guest speaker (and she was awesome by the way)
The braclets are also awesome, and I was wearing mine constantly and showing it off!
The attached picture (check it out) was taken in Kenya, while I was on a recent mission trip to visit ophanages and children's homes.
The little hands were hands of some local children who were so excited to see my friend
Carrie and I. They were too excited to worry about the barbed wire they were reaching through. Thankfully noone got hurt.
I'm pretty sure you can tell which hands were mine. (The old ones, with the dirty finger nails :/, I tried to get my daughter to photo shop it :), but that didn't happen.) Any way did you see the wrist truth? When I saw the picture, I thought it was kinda cool, and I wanted to share it with you. Some of our mission goals were to share the love of God, let the children know God loves them and read a childrens story (that some friends wrote and illustrated) regarding salvation. To me this picture , (with the wrist truth of GRACE in it), kind of summarizes our mission!
But the story doesn't end there. In Mombasa, Kenya there is a home/school for disabled women, called Shanzu.
The women are taught how to sew, so that they can make a living for themselves. There is a small store there where they sell
all kinds of hand sewn purses, bags, back packs etc. Plus some handmade jewelry. We stopped to do a little shopping at the store, and of course I had my (Your) wrist truth on. Before leaving, the manager of the store measured my wrist band and made some notes about it. I  wouldn't be surprised to see Shanzu wrist bands, made with African looking materials, being sold at their store. I thought it was exciting and I hope you'll be honored by that and not upset that your idea is used.
One more thing. My friend and travel mate, Carrie is working with and has established a company with two Kenyan women. One is a lawyer and one is a phycologist, Carrie also has a law background. Their company is called PARC, Pilgrims Adoption Resource Center(in Kenya). They are currently working on raising awareness of issues regarding adoption in Kenya. There is a real need, and a lack of regulation. Their dreams are to be a resource, and to open an adoption center and chidren's home. Well.....
why am I telling you all this?
Because there is also an adoption agency in Mombasa called "Little Angels" and we met with the woman in charge. She is doing wonderful work and was very willing to share her information with us! Her name is GRACE, and she is now the owner of my (your) wrist truth. I just had to give it to her, :) like it was meant to be.
Thats it, I hope you enjoyed reading about how one of your braclets has "touched" alot of lives in Kenya!